Friday, November 22, 2013

Ombré nail trend

The last few times I have been to walgreens this inexpensive little beauty catches my eye...it was only $5 so I had to try it.

Of course I am talking about the LA Girl Colors ombré nail polish sets.

I have been searching for a dupe to the New Black Nail polishes at sephora...I can't justify spending that much money for that little product. 

SOLUTION 
La Girl Colors set
I don't know if everyone can find these at walgreens (they are a holiday promotion), so I will add a link where you can purchase all of the sets online.

I have never used LA girl colors nail polishes before and I probably never will again...UNLESS i'm buying more of these sets.  I'm absolutely in love with this nail trend, and I even like the glitter accent nail.

Speaking of the glitter polish, that was THE best part about the whole set.  The glitter, like the other polishes goes on extremely thin, but that works to it's advantage in this case.  The consistency allows for the glitter to build up, but not be chunky like other glitter polishes.  

All of the colors are very thin and require at least 2 layers, in the photo I have posted I used three coats on my pinky finger and two on the rest.  These polishes have an average to fast drying time depending on how thin of layers you use.

Here is a quick run down of the pros and cons of this product:


Pro

Inexpensive
Comes with 5 colors plus a top coat
on trend
beautiful glitter polish 
glitter polish layers like a dream


Cons

Extremely small bottles of polish
set can only be used a few times
cheap top coat
need several layers of polish 

All in all I can say I would buy more of these sets if I saw them in stores, because who can honestly say they would turn down a perfectly coordinated ombre nail set for $5!! 

Here's the link I promised for the people who can't find it in stores!!


oxox
-Mama Lish

No comments:

Post a Comment