Monday, November 25, 2013

Mini Drugstore Haul

Recently I had to go pick up a perscription for my daughter, and of course it wasn't ready when I got there...and I had been researching somethings I was interested in for the past couple of weeks and thought, while i'm here why not pick them up.

The first thing I grabbed was my old stand by mascara L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara, as I was freshly out.  I love this mascara because it gives the perfect ammount of legnth and volume for everyday, and is very buildable to create drama for more "nighttime" eyes.

The next thing I grabbed was the baby lips in the original and "strike a rose" I had been seeing a lot of people in the beauty community comparing it to Fresh's Sugar Lips, which I absoulty adore and couldn't resist!!


I picked up a mini tin of Nivea cream, that I have been (GASP) using on my face.  I know most people use this cream for their hands, but in the winter my skin suffers from extreme dryness, especially around the eyes and nose, so I thought I would give it a shot.  If it was good enough for Marylin it's good enough for me!! **plus it was only a buck**

After I picked up a heavy duty moisturizer I thought I should top off the whole thing with a BB cream, I hadn't tried one yet and I wanted to soooo bad.  I know most American ones that I have read about are more or less compareable to a hyped up tinted moisturizer BUT, I still wanted to see what all the hype was about.  The best two drug store BB creams (from my online deduction) were the Garnier "All in One Skin Perfector" BB Cream and the Philosophy "Be Your Best" BB Cream.  Looking at the products itself I knew I was waaaaay too light for the Philosophy BB cream, so I went ahead and got the Garnier.  So far I have really loved it, it's not too heavy of a coverage and has a dewy finish when set with a powder.  I wouldn't use this for a full coverage, heavy duty, night on the town make up base, but it's perfect for everyday!!


The last product I picked up I had been looking at for the past few weeks, everytime I went into my local drugstore.  Finally I caved and got it.  It was the LA Girl Ombre Nail Polish set in Love Affair.  When I took it home, I wasn't expecting much for the quality of the product, but the glitter polish took me by surprise.  It was a pretty goodpay off after a few coats, and I like the whole ombre trend.

This time I mostly got products to prepare myself for extreme winter dryness, but that's why it was only a mini haul this time!! There will be more hauls to come!

oxox
-Mama Lish 


No comments:

Post a Comment