Friday, November 22, 2013

Fresh Sugar Lips vs Maybelline Baby Lips

I keep seeing people comparing these two products!!! I had been looking for a cheaper version of the most amazing lip balm I have ever used!!!


I got the original and rose Sugar Lips as my Sephora birthday gift last year and I fell in love.  The original is hydrating and moisturizing AND has the best smell ever.  It just makes you wan to eat it right off of your lips.  The rose has the perfect tint for my lips and gives me that extra oomph on the days that I felt a little down and out (and as a new mom that was quiet often)


When I ran out of these samples I went to sephora.com to purchase a full size tube of Rose...it was $22.50!! I couldn't justify spending that much money on a lip balm, no matter how amazing it is.  

That is when I started my quest, looking for the perfect inexpensive lip balm.  I tried chapstick, EOS and blistex and even tried going back to my old stand by of burt's bees pomegranate.  Nothing was as smooth and luxurious to apply.  I started searching online for a dupe and I kept seeing people comparing baby lips.
While the packaging may be cheap looking and plastic the product itself is amazing (even if it doesn't have SPF)  It's just as wonderful on your lips, especially since they are only $4. I got mine on a buy one get one half off, so I only spent $6 for the both of them!!  

I bought the original and the Electro lips Strike a Rose.  I was a little disappointed by the color...it wasn't the shade I was looking for.  I have mostly seen the Sugar Lips Rose compared to the color Cherry Me, which is next on my purchase list.

All and all I would defiantly buy the original again!! Good dupe, especially if you can get one for the buy one get one off deal!  Go forth lovers of lip products and go get your baby lips on!!

xoxo
-Mama Lish

Photos are not my own and are taken from websites listed as a links


No comments:

Post a Comment