Thursday, November 28, 2013

E.L.F. Studio Baked Eye Shadow Palette Review

First off let me start off by saying, Happy Thanksgiving everyone,  I hope you are all having a good turkey day.  Now lets get straight down to business.  This morning I tried out several of my new e.l.f. products, one of those obviously being my new baked eyeshadow palette, if you read my haul post I said that I purchased the California palette.


DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!!
The colors in the palette are very beautiful, in the pan.  For the life of me I could not figure out HOW to get this eyeshadow to stick to my eye.  I used a primer, I tried wetting my brush and applying them.  Nothing, absolutely nothing.  The lightest eyeshadows wouldn't even show anything but glitter on my skin; the dark shadows had NO pigmentation what so ever.  The mauvy color looked like a fading bruise on my lower lash line, and I couldn't even use a smudge brush to pack the color on.  I have used some extremely cheap eyeshadows before, my favorite palette through out high school was an 88 costal scents palette (which never gave me problems
)!!  I don't know if i need to use a base color, like a maybelline 24 hour tattoo pots, or mac paint pots, or if I should give it away.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of e.l.f. products I have that I love.  I have some of their loose eyeshadows, and never had a problem with them, maybe it's that these are baked, but I don't like it.  I will give this a few more tries and see what happens with it.  I am just really disappointed especially since it was the most expensive thing I purchased ($10) and so far the worst.  I couldn't even build up a good enough swatch for a picture to show you guys.

xoxo, 
Mama Lish

No comments:

Post a Comment